Located just across the street from campus there is a number of local and chain restaurants. Stay posted for after hours.
Lunch is served 11:30am-1:00pm for $8.75 (tax included) cash, MasterCard or Visa at the all-you-can-eat buffet Pippin Commons, a 5 minute walk from the Engineering quad. It's an easy location to meet up for a birds-of-a-feather (BOF) discussion over lunch.
All on-campus retail restaurants are closed on the weekend with the exception of Stabucks and Wendys in the Student Center (a 10 minute walk) open on Saturday (only) 10:00am-4:00pm.
Directly across Campus Dr. (a 10 minute walk) is the University Center shopping center with a variety of sit-down and fast food restaurants including:
- Steelhead brewery
- Veggie Grill
- Asia Noodle Cafe
- Chakra Indian Cuisine
- Lees Sandwiches
- Z Pizza
- Peet's Coffee (hours: 6a-11p)
- In-n-Out Burger
- KFC/Taco Bell
A little farther down Campus Dr. (a 15 minute walk) is Campus Plaza with:
- Del Taco
- Gina's Pizza
- Starbucks Coffee
- Panera Bread Bakery (free WiFi; hours: 7a-8p)
- Carl's Jr.
- Baja Fresh
- Daphne's Greek Cafe
- Pasta Bravo
- Pei Wei
After hours / nightlife
For those interested in seeing a bit of the night life in Orange County we recommend checking out the following scenes:
- Irvine Spectrum (Irvine @ 405 & 5 freeways)
- Fashion Island (Newport Beach off MacArthur Blvd & Pacific Coast Highway)
- Newport Beach (Follow 55 freeway south, and continue on down Newport Blvd to Balboa Penninsula)
- Huntington Beach (Dining and Drinking)
- Laguna Beach (Arts and Dining)