The Basics of Migrating a Site from Stage or Desktop to Live
Many Drupal newbies are pleasantly surprised by how easy it can be to get a basic Drupal site built. But newbies, and even people who’ve been building Drupal sites for some time, are frequently stymied when it comes to migrating a site, or building a site in a stage environment before sending it live!
This session will cover the basics of building a site in a stage environment or on a local desktop, then migrating the site to a live environment when ready.
- basic things that can or must be done with the settings.php file
- the wondrous Backup and Migrate module
- options for securing the site during stage, such as the Secure Site module
- safely moving a site from one host (including a desktop) to another
- other basic modules/tools that are helpful for administration of a basic drupal site, especially one living on an inexpensive shared hosting environment
Nicole Bluto and Rain Breaw are proposing to co-present this session, enabling us to give hands on help where needed.