Business as Usual in an Unusual Climate
I want to give some tools and encouragement to the small businesses and freelancers out there. I will speak in layman’s terms and hopefully we will have a great time. Also, I throw candy to you in the audience when you reply to my questions.
I will cover topics such as:
- Project management in a small business or being your own PM as a Sole Proprietor (freelancer)
- Perseverance in an economic disaster: Keep your chin up, you’ve got a company to run
- Back to the basics of sales and marketing: Customer referrals and up-selling.
- Preparing for “the ugly” times: You know they are coming, learn how to prepare.
- Leadership vs. management: No one wants to work for a stressed out, egotistical, meanie-butt.
- Incentives: Never underestimate the power of the sticker chart or cookies.