Drupal Takeout: Free Drupal development & design in a "to go" box
drupal, apache, firefox, mysql, php, gnome, java, ruby, open office. what do these have in common? free open source software (FOSS).
most of what you’re using is foss. why not development tools? but are there any free development tools? php? debugging? graphics? media? you betcha. but sometimes setting them up requires a phD in computer science… need an easier way?
well, your order’s ready. drupal takeout style. koolaid on the house. fah-ree! everything you need to develop and design drupal in a virtualbox. l33t, twilb.
Great for beginners or anyone interested in linux or floss web development tools
Drupal dev in a box. virtualbox to be exact. a development environment (with php debugging) based on free, open source software. all setup & ready to use.
so whats the talk about? open source stuff that just works. i’m going to give you a full development environment with php editing & debugging, LAMP stack, graphics editing, css editing & firefox plugins. all setup. all working. keep it. customize it. its yours.
what do you need? Mac, Win, *nix, solaris. got one of those?
come to the session, learn what FOSS tools work well with Drupal and how to use FOSS tools on any platform. I’ll show you a full suite of web tools… from other great projects. great for all phases of web development.
- graphic & web design tools
- php development
- php debugging tools
- media tools
- drupal module development tools
- drupal multi-site & multi-versions all ready to roll
- drupal shortcuts, and more!
now u say: l33t, twilb.
- plan a: rule the world.
- plan b: i will demonstrate how to setup, and use a pre-built php (custom for drupal) development environment.
- i will demo and discuss various tools for development and design, and highlight some other outstanding foss development projects