Site Administration Basics
Are you responsible for maintaining a Drupal-based site and still confused about how to edit your site’s content and do daily administration?
If you are a site administrator trying to use the CMS, maintain or update your content, and grapple with the nitpicky details of daily updates/management, this is a session for you!
The exact outline of this session will be flexible based on the needs of those who attend.
Basics to cover will include:
- Finding and editing nodes (pages, other content)
- Managing users
- Working with “taxonomy” and “tags”
- Checking status reports to find out about security updates
- A couple useful modules like Admin Menu and Backup and Migrate (see the two session proposals below for more detailed sessions on these tools:
- Path, Pathauto and setting up URLs
- Changing authoring information, post date/time, and publishing options
- Using revision settings and the diff module for version control
- Site Admin simple SEO tactics/tools
If you pick this session, please use the “comment” feature to let me know a little about your specific challenges with site administration. Every administrator has unique needs!