Theming with Zen
A hands on demonstration on how to leverage the zen theme and sub-theme system to create websites with ease that do not look like hacked Garland. We will cover the general setup of the Zen system and how to create a sub-theme. Next we will review how to best override the existing CSS and if needed minimally tweak page.tpl.php. Lastly how to maximize use of body.classes and node.tpl.php if we have time.
* What is zen: why should you use it
* Examples of sites created with zen sub themes
* Modules we use in the majority of our websites
* Installation, setup
* Create a new sub-theme, .info files
* zen CSS setup; layout.css, html-elements.css, sub-theme-name.css
* #why body.classes.rock.the.house
* What is the Zen theme and how to create amazing website designs with little effort.
* How to set up Zen and create a subtheme
* A better understanding of CSS
* How to Set Zen up and create a subtheme
* Why you should only start with zen and step on it just the right way ;D
* And most importantly: what Specificity means and how it relates to a sub-theme.
* node templates