Drupal Basics: Migrate Static Sites Over To Drupal
Learn the basics of using Drupal for running a web CMS version of an old static site. Essentially, port a static site into a dynamic one. Understanding the basics of how Drupal works to store and serve pages, keep track of navigation, and utilize performance features like CSS Compression.
No super-fancy modules. No developer jargon.
What attendees will learn:
- What settings should be set for each new Drupal site.
- Thinking in Blocks and Nodes, not just Pages.
- How to add Page content.
- How to add Blocks (secondary sidebar content).
- How to affect site Menus (navigation).
- How to speed up a Drupal site with a couple clicks.
NOTE: This session does not cover theme design or in-depth module coverage – there are other sessions for each of those.